Ostrom's Framework to Managing Commons
Framework developed by [[ Elinor Ostrom ]] to deal with the Tragedy of the Commons
Difficult to implement globally, but can be done locally and have a global impact
8 Core Design Principles
- Shared Identity and Purpose
- Equitable share of contribution and benefits
- Fair and inclusive decision-making
- Monitoring agreed behavior (transparency)
- Gradual responding to moral and immoral behavior (start with gossip, then rewards and punishments, banishment)
- Provide accessible, low-cost means for dispute resolution.
- Authority to Self-Govern
- Collaborative relations with other, similar groups (fractal system of sub-groups)
Related: [[ economics ]] | biosphere stewardship | [[ Localism ]] | [[ market failure ]]
Here are all the notes in this garden, along with their links, visualized as a graph.