- To assume we don’t hold assumptions and concepts is not only wrong but dangerous
- Unconscious assumptions that we don’t even know we hold are the most powerful
“Our beliefs control our minds,
our minds control our bodies,
and thus belief controls our lives…” -
“You have the power to create. Your power is so strong that whatever you believe comes true. You create yourself, whatever you believe you are. You are the way you are because that is what you believe about yourself.” -
Don Miguel Ruiz
the concepts that we have, consciously or unconsciously, are immensely powerful, they become the lenses through which we look at ourselves and the world. Concepts become views, whether we are aware of it or not. Concepts become views, and those views have the power to block or limit our experience. Or they have the power to open and deepen our experience. And especially concepts about the path, and especially concepts about images - Rob Burbea in Talks - Theater of Selves - Rob Burbea
Harnessing the power of belief
- The key to wielding belief is to anchor it to emotion.
- When you actually believe something you respond emotionally to it.
- If you act as if something has already happened, that is when belief gets supercharged. In the cases of the placebo effect, you take the pill and already believe you are getting well. It goes from a future possibility to a present reality.
- Talks - Theater of Selves - Rob Burbea
Topics: human minds are awfully malleable |
Here are all the notes in this garden, along with their links, visualized as a graph.
Notes mentioning this note