What is Fear?
Danger and Fear are not the same. Danger is real, Fear is the anticipation of danger our symbolic minds project everywhere.
After some point Fear becomes a mental
Many fears comes from a lack of
]] and from aversion
Fear is not the same as concern
- The latter has a sense of stability
Fear and attachment
Attachment creates a dependency, and dependency, because of its nature, intrinsically carries with it a fear of loss.
Book - Letting Go - David Hawkins
What Fear Does
Fear likes to wear masks
- it shows up in forms like
- stress is the fear of failing to live up to expectations?
- anxiety is a state of constant fearful anticipation.
- The harsher your
]] punishes you for not meeting expectations, the more stress and anxiety you will feel.
- Sometimes, the fear of acting towards your goal may masks itself as non-attachment to a goal (Detachment from results makes you more relaxed and better performing)
- It manages to prevent you from acting
- You don’t even realize you’re not acting out of fear
- sparks cortisol levels
- Immune system dysfunction
- Endocrine system dysfunction