What is Fear?
Danger and Fear are not the same. Danger is real, Fear is the anticipation of danger our symbolic minds project everywhere.
After some point Fear becomes a mentalMany fears comes from a lack of and from aversion
Fear is not the same as concern
- The latter has a sense of stability
Fear and attachment
Attachment creates a dependency, and dependency, because of its nature, intrinsically carries with it a fear of loss. From
What Fear Does
- Fear doesn’t only affect us, it affects reality as we experience it (Everything is interconnected -interbeing-)
- The thing we’re afraid of looks more scary when we’re afraid
Fear likes to wear masks
- it shows up in forms like
- stress is the fear of failing to live up to expectations?
- anxiety is a state of constant fearful anticipation.
- The harsher your punishes you for not meeting expectations, the more stress and anxiety you will feel.
- Sometimes, the fear of acting towards your goal may masks itself as non-attachment to a goal (Detachment from results makes you more relaxed and better performing)
- It manages to prevent you from acting
- You don’t even realize you’re not acting out of fear
- sparks cortisol levels
- Immune system dysfunction
- Endocrine system dysfunction
Move towards fears
- Consistently confront fear to calibrate your fear GPS.
- mentally rehearse fears -negative visualization-
- Craving and attachment make us fearful of not having whatever we crave and less likely to get it
Here are all the notes in this garden, along with their links, visualized as a graph.