We Live In a Dream World - Maya
“The dream of the planet includes all of society’s rules, its beliefs, its laws, its religions, its different cultures and ways to be, its governments, schools, social events, and holidays. We are born with the capacity to learn how to dream, and the humans who live before us teach us how to dream the way society dreams. The outside dream has so many rules that when a new human is born, we hook the child’s attention and introduce these rules into his or her mind. The outside dream uses Mom and Dad, the schools, and religion to teach us how to dream.”
Through this dream, we are all taught what is good and what is bad, what we should do, what we shouldn’t.
We learn that we get rewarded (
We are addicted to praise and appreciation
]]) if we play by the rules and we get punished if we don’t.
]] (Ruiz Calls him Our Inner Judge) is trained by Society’s dream to judge everything we do, think or feel, everything around us as good or bad. When we are deemed guilty, the Inner Judge punishes us.
We learn to live life to satisfy other people’s demands.
The Ego judges us (and others) based on an image of perfection that we created. An unrealistic image that we can never meet. So we start pretending to be who we are not, we start having
]] and we create
]]. We have
fear of being ourselves
The freedom we are looking for is the freedom to be ourselves, to express ourselves. But if we look at our lives we will see that most of the time we do things just to please others, just to be accepted by others, rather than living our lives to please ourselves. That is what has happened to our freedom. And we see in our society and all the societies around the world, that for every thousand people, nine hundred and ninety-nine are completely domesticated
Be Impeccable with Your Word
language shapes our world
- Our words have the power to make substantial changes in others and in ourselves
- Being impeccable with the word means using the powerful energy of words in the direction of Truth and Love
- This is difficult
- We learned to lie and to use words to spread our poison
- Anger, hate, envy, jealousy, gossip
We misuse the word so often, and this misuse is how we create and perpetuate the dream of hell.
- Use the word to spread love and joy, starting from yourself.
You can measure the impeccability of your word by your level of self-love. How much you love yourself and how you feel about yourself are directly proportionate to the quality and integrity of your word. When you are impeccable with your word, you feel good; you feel happy and at peace.
Use the word in the correct way. Use the word to share your love. Use white magic, beginning with yourself. Tell yourself how wonderful you are, how great you are. Tell yourself how much you love yourself.
### Don’t take things Personally
We see things as we are
Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. All people live in their own dream, in their own mind; they are in a completely different world from the one we live in.
- Everyone’s opinion, is just a projection of themselves, of their own dream
- When you take things personally, you take the poison they are trying to send your way
- You can’t control what other people say or think
Focus on What You Can Control (Internal vs External)
You are only responsible for yourself#^e87bec
Don’t make assumptions
We make an assumption, we misunderstand, we take it personally, and we end up creating a whole big drama for nothing.
- We make assumptions because we’re afraid to ask clarifications
- We automatically believe our assumptions to be right
- We defend our assumptions and try to make others wrong
- To stop making assumptions, ask more questions
- It takes time, it’s not easy
The more you do something the easier it becomes
The biggest assumption
We make the assumption that everyone sees life the way we do. We assume that others think the way we think, feel the way we feel, judge the way we judge, and abuse the way we abuse. This is the biggest assumption that humans make. And this is why we have a fear of being ourselves around others. Because we think everyone else will judge us, victimize us, abuse us, and blame us as we do ourselves. So even before others have a chance to reject us, we have already rejected ourselves. That is the way the human mind works
Always Do Your Best
- By doing your best you’ll stop judging yourself so harshly
Just do your best — in any circumstance in your life. It doesn’t matter if you are sick or tired, if you always do your best there is no way you can judge yourself. And if you don’t judge yourself there is no way you are going to suffer from guilt, blame, and self-punishment. By always doing your best, you will break a big spell that you have been under
- Do your best at practicing
- “Taking a shower is a ritual for me, and with that action I tell my body how much I love it. I feel and enjoy the water on my body. I do my best to fulfill the needs of my body. I do my best to give to my body and to receive what my body gives to me.” ^0a33cd