- human minds are awfully malleable
- Symmetry of power increase in
]] (except in humans)
- Cheetahs and deers get faster together. Slower ones die behind
- Humans power increases asymetrically from all other species
Propagative memes propagate more than true memes
Protector memes help memes last longer
- They make us defer thinking to others
Malthus was wrong
Episode 2 (War on Sense-Making 4)
- Pandemic Considerations
- Is it possible that the US slow response was simply incompetence?
- Or is it possible for some interests to have contributed to such a slow response?
- Hedge Funds selling stocks at a high in February and shorting stuff
- We don’t know but it’s something to think about
- Getting comfortable with uncertainty, but also seeking more and more certainty
- Some laws of physics we can be pretty certain of, until they are disproved.
Episode 3 (War on Sense-Making 5)
- Idea of
- Markets uncontrolled will produce terrible consequences for long term, they’ll create a market for human trafficking etc…
- Government’s role is to watch the predatory aspects of the market.
- People’s role is to watch the government and make sure they do their job.
- Most people are certain about their beliefs.
- Certainty gives a sense of security.
Humans have a need for Certainty
- I have to be comfortable with uncertainty otherwise I’ll jump to false certainties
Created on: 2020-10-10
Creator: Daniel Schmachtenberger
Topic (tags): sense-making
Here are all the notes in this garden, along with their links, visualized as a graph.
Notes mentioning this note